Paul F. Larner
Paul has over thirty years of real estate experience as a Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Administrative Officer in public and private real estate companies. Paul has been a private real estate investor and entrepreneur for more than thirty years, as well as a real estate attorney.
Paul received a B.A. with honors from Haverford College, an M.A. with distinction from the University of London, and a J.D. from the Universityof Virginia.
- Larner Investments – Since leaving Vornado in 2003, the managing member, as well as cash investor, in seven real estate investment partnerships. Larner Investments has closed a total of $35 million in real estate purchases and sales. On closed transactions, the equity rate of return (IRR) is north of 100%.
- Vornado Realty Trust – In 2002, post Smith–VNO merger, appointed Chief Administrative Officer of Vornado, reported to VNO Chief Executive Officer, responsible for a host of functions, including company wide budgeting.
- The Charles E. Smith Cos. – From 1989-2003 worked as attorney, VP-Finance, SVP – Finance, CFO, and COO. Finance executive responsible for originating and closing some $5 billion in all forms of real estate debt: multi-family; office; land; condo; construction and rehab; acquisition and development. Extremely knowledgeable about nearly all aspects of real estate finance, development, and law. Actively involved in the 1994 Smith Residential IPO. Key executive responsible for the 1997 consolidation of some 20 odd limited partnerships in $1.1 billion formation transaction involving $60 million equity placement. Lead executive responsible to owners for designing the capital structure for public company exit for Charles E. Smith Commercial and conducting negotiations for the 2002 merger with Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO).
- JD, 1985, University of Virginia School of Law
- MA, 1982, University of London (with Distinction)
- BA, 1978, Haverford College (with Honors)
- Expert Witness in World Trade Center Litigation
M. Scott DeCain
Scott brings twenty three years and $35 billion of Capital Markets and Investment experience as well as Operations responsibility with two publicly traded REIT’s and four private real estate companies. Transaction activity includes corporate and project level debt and equity, project level investments, work outs and derivatives. Investment activity has focused on the following property types: retail, office, multi-family and land.
Scott received a B.A. from Boston College and an M.B.A. from the University of Maryland.
- Bald Eagle Partners, LLC – Founder/Principal – real estate consulting and investment firm focused on residential real estate credit markets and opportunities. 2007-Present
- The Mills Corporation – Executive Vice President, Operations – Elevated into this position once accounting and investment crises hit the firm and executive team was replaced. Responsible for day to day functions of the company to help bridge the company from accounting and investment crises to eventual sale. Also managed the $2B workout with the company’s 35 member bank group. 2006-2007
- The Mills Corporation – Senior Vice President/Group Vice President, Capital Markets – Managed external finance function for this $8B publically traded mall REIT, including corporate level debt and equity raises, project level joint ventures and debt raises (CMBS, bank, portfolio lenders) and derivatives. Participated in review and assessment of all investment activity. 2001-2006.
- Charles E. Smith Commercial Realty, LP – Vice President/Director – Managed external finance function and Treasury department for this $2B private company as well as participated in roll up which formed company. Participated in review and assessment of all investment activity. 1997-2000
- Charles E. Smith Residential Realty, Inc – Director/Associate/Analyst – acquisition officer for this $2B publically traded multi-family REIT. Also participated in efforts to roll up initial company and bring public in 1994. 1992-1996
- Spaulding & Slye – Leasing Broker/Analyst – 1989-1991
- MBA, 1996, Robert H. Smith School of Business (UofMD)
- BA, 1989, Boston College